Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 6 - A moment you wish you could relive




I have so many wonderful moments that I would love to live over and over but one stands out more than others.

The day that Sean (my oldest) was born. Sean was born on a sunny, hot Friday in September. I had been to the Dr.'s the night before for my 39 weeks appointment and my blood pressure was way too high. The Dr. decided that I should be induced that night. The only problem was that all the other pregnant ladies must have thought that it was a great night to have their baby's too, lol! When we walked in to the L&D lobby there were pregnant women laboring in there because there simply were no more bed. It truly was a no more rooms in the inn moment. The Dr. sent us home but told us to be back at the hospital the next morning. We had already called and told everyone that it was time so my parents had already started down. We called everyone back and told them that tomorrow was going to be the day instead. My parents continued to our house and spent the night. The next morning we got up and I had 2 Eggo waffles with honey (yummy). Louie drove us to the hospital and we got there around 9am. By 10am they had my IV in and had broke my water and gotten the epidural started (I had been walking around 3-4cm dilated for a month). We had a nice time while I was in labor. We talked (my mom had come to be with us during labor and delivery) and I even played some games on her phone. Many family members can and visited during labor but I was fine with it since I had my epidural. Around 4:10pm everyone but my Husband and Mom were kicked out and I started pushing. Sean was born at 4:39pm.

There is so much more to the story but this is the bones of it. I wish I could go back and do it all over again. In fact I would love to relive all my birth experiences.




No comments:

Post a Comment