Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 1 - A favorite song

How to choose a favorite song? There are so many that I would listen to over and over again. I love The Beatles "In my life", The Grateful Dead's "Brown eyed women" and "Touch of Gray". Though I think my favorite song would have to be Little Feats "Spanish Moon".

Spanish Moon
--L. George

(uh-huh - the moon)

Well the night that was high, we got into town
Was the night of the rain, that froze on the ground
down the street I heard such a sorrowful tune
comin from the place they call the spanish moon

well I stepped inside, and slipped by the door
well a dark girl sang, and played the guitar
there were hookers, and hustlers, they filled up the room
I heard about this place they called the spanish moon

There's whiskey, and bad cocaine
posion get you just the same
and if that - that don't - kill you soon
the women will down at the spanish moon

well I pawned my watch, and I sold my ring
just to hear that girl singing, yeah, yeah
I don't care who, you can wake up ruined
you can loose it all down at the spanish moon

There's whiskey, and bad cocaine
posion get you just the same
and if that - that don't - kill you soon
the women will down at the spanish moon

This song has such an amazing soulful beat and such a smokey undertone that its seductive in its pull. You can't help but sway and dance to the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qQnGfZpIfY

2 comments: